Promoting Peace and Healing for People, Animals and Planet
Annette Bragg, Founder
Animal Rescue/Animal Residents
White Barn Healing Arts Center promotes kindness and compassion for all animals, as it only stands to reason that as we seek peace and healing in our lives, we can only achieve this by making lifestyle choices that are filled with peace and healing for others as well. This means making respectful choices about how we treat our planet and the animals who share it with us.
White Barn promotes a vegan lifestyle. This means making mindful choices as a consumer and respecting all life, including the lives of farm animals.
The animal residents at White Barn Healing Arts have been rescued from situations of abuse, neglect or abandonment. Seeing these recovered animals and the now-peaceful lives they lead bring smiles to the faces of guests, visitors, and those seeking to experience the peaceful and healing energy available to all at our facility.
Interacting by petting or simply watching animals enjoy their lives and live in peace has been proven to reduce blood pressure and to promote an overall sense of calmness, connectedness and well-being.
Guests and visitors enjoy spending time in the peaceful environment of White Barn Healing Arts, knowing the animals they see are now safe, protected, loved, and that these animals are survivors, like many of the people who visit. These animals inspire and bring hope to people who have also survived abusive situations.
Animal sponsorships help support the costs to care for the rescued animals, including veterinary and medical expenses, grain, hay, sawdust, joint supplements, transport, and other daily needs. If you are interested in sponsoring one of the rescued animals or interested in providing a sponsorship as a gift, click here for more information.
How to Live with Compassion for...
- Choose consumer products that aren't tested on animals. Look for the Leaping Bunny symbol that indicates the product is cruelty-free and contains no animal ingredients.
- Make compassionate choices about the foods you eat, and substitute plant-based alternatives for meat and animal by-products.
- Choose clothing that is animal-friendly, and alter your
buying habits to not include wool, leather or other animal-
- Refuse to support cruelty-driven industries and factory
farming intensives including the veal industry, the foi gras
industry and the egg production industry.
- Read labels on the foods you purchase and learn the language of ingredients.
- Actively care for our planet. If you enjoy hiking, taking a trash bag with you and pick up trash as you walk. It doesn't matter that you didn't throw it there. What matters is that you care enough to pick it up.
- Mother Earth is not your personal garbage disposal. Don't litter or
throw your cigarette butts or fast food bags or beer bottles out the
window of your vehicle. What an incredible lack of respect for our
- Vote with your dollars as a consumer, and don't purchase products
from companies that harm or pollute the environment.
- Be careful not to purchase products that support rain forrest
- Recycle. Recycle,. Recycle.
Page under construction. Check back regularly for more info incorporating compassion into your life!.
• Personal Reiki Sessions and Reiki Workshops
• Guided Meditation • Vision Quests • Yoga
• Tai Chi/Qigong • Special Events
• Private Groups • Corporate Groups
• Crystal Workshops • Gift Shop
• Public Speaking • Promoting Compassion
for People, Animals and Planet