Promoting Peace and Healing for People, Animals and Planet
• Personal Reiki Sessions and Reiki Workshops
• Guided Meditation • Vision Quests • Yoga
• Tai Chi/Qigong • Special Events
• Private Groups • Corporate Groups
• Crystal Workshops • Gift Shop
• Public Speaking • Promoting Compassion
for People, Animals and Planet
Annette Bragg, Founder
WHAT IS REIKI?
• Reiki (pronounced “ray-key”) is a hands-on healing method that originated in Japan. It is becoming widely used here in the United States as a supportive healing practice in many medical clinics, nursing homes, rehab facilities, and cancer treatment centers.
• Reiki is a non-invasive and alternative Japanese energy healing practice for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing as well as overall health and well-being for body, mind and spirit.
• Reiki is based on the idea that all living beings have life energy flowing through them. When life energy is high, both humans and animals are healthy and balanced, more relaxed and less likely to get sick. When it is low, they’ll often be more easily affected by stress and less resistant to illness.
• Reiki is a simple, natural, and safe method of energy healing that anyone can use. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
• The word Reiki is a Japanese composite word translated as “universal life energy”.
The word "Reiki" is derived from two Japanese words: rei, meaning "Universal, Divine Wisdom or Higher Power"; and ki, meaning "Life Force Energy" (also known as Chi).
• The practitioner channels healing energy through her hands to the person or animal
through a light touch either directly on the body or from a distance.
• Reiki is a safe complement to conventional Western medicine, Chinese medicine, herbal medicine, homeopathy and all other forms of healing. It does not take the place of Western medicine but is part of the whole.
• Reiki is simple technique that anyone can learn. The ability to use Reiki is passed on during an “attunement” given by a Reiki master.
• The use of Reiki is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Reiki is not a religion. It is not affiliated with Christianity, Buddhism, or any type of religious belief. Reiki respects all religions and you can apply it to your own personal belief system.
• Reiki is the most natural way to touch another to ease their physical, mental or emotional pain, stresses and struggles.
• Reiki is a healing process for our animals, our homes, our work, our plants, our food and vitamins. There is no end in the use of Reiki because it is already the flow of life itself.
• Reiki releases the physical and emotional blockages that we have accumulated throughout life.
To live your life in a way that promotes, attracts and inspires peace and healing, try to put into daily practice the 5 Reiki Principles.
Just for today I will not worry.
Just for today I will not be angry.
Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today I will do my work honestly.
Just for today I will be kind to every living thing.
Reiki and Energy Healing Services
How Can Reiki Help?
- Support quicker recovery from surgery, injury or
- Assist with pain relief through promoting energy
flow and releasing energy blocks
- Distance Reiki can be used in many circumstances,
such as for a burn victim, an elderly person with thin or sensitive skin, when you see
an accident but cannot get near the victims, when a loved one is in a hospital far away, when a trauma occurs elsewhere in the world
- Helps with release of negative emotions such as anxiety, bitterness, resentment, frustration, anger, in-forgiveness
- Softens grief, depression, sadness
- Helps alleviate fears, worries, uncertainties, confusion
- Promotes mental clarity, calmness, quietness, acceptance, love, and tranquility
- Supports healing from abuse, neglect, trauma, PTSD and self hate
- Helps strengthen your connection with your Higher Power while respecting your own personal religious beliefs
- Re-directs any anger toward God and opens our communication with Spirit
- Opens our heart to unconditional love, not just romantic love, but a true love for ourselves, our family and friends, the world in which we live, and the Universe
- Helps us connect with our intuition or a higher self that guides us through life
- Assists us when seeking our true purpose and path in life
SPECIAL ALLERGY NOTE
Reiki sessions and other presentations such as Vision Quest, meditations, summer solstice, and other events and ceremonies may include the use and burning of sage, incense, cedar, tobacco, sweet grass, palo santo, and more. A fire is usually present in the fire ring of the tipi. The smoke from these items is considered sacred in many cultural ceremonies, and our activities often incorporate many cultural traditions. If you have sensitivities to smoke or smells, please take this into consideration when registering for activities at White Barn Healing Arts.